Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Flying southwest

I flew on Southwest for the first time in a while last week. A few thoughts:
  • Despite my reservations about not having an assigned seat, it actually worked out well for me. All of my flights were aisle seats--even when I had "C" tickets--which makes me much happier. But next time I'm checking in advance to get an "A" ticket. Of course I really wish aisle seats were auctioned off, because I'm willing to pay for that. See my previous post about when demand outstrips supply.)
  • The flight attendants on my first flight were really funny. ("If there's anything you can think of to make your flight more comfortable...please keep that to yourself.)
  • The new leather seats are really comfy. Sorry, vegans.
  • My only complaint: why doesn't Southwest have an in-flight entertainment system? Is it really that expensive?